Monday 19 December 2011

Homecook Food

Tired of having outside food everyday? I believed most young couples or students who are staying al by themselves here, will surely miss their mummy's cooking. Home cook food is always the best as it is not as oily as the food you have in hawkers or restaurants, and no doubt, more healthy! What you can do is, try to cook something at home, if your place allows. I used to stay alone in KL, when I was in college and uni. I lost weight because I always skipped meals. But I do love to cook, but cooking alone is not as fun as cooking with a bunch of friends. During my last year of uni in university of Strathclyde, I enjoyed cooking so much! Not only cooking, baking too.

Ever since I started work as a pharmacist, I rarely cook cuz I'm too lazy. :P I love watching Australia master chef as well as junior master chef. One weekend, I was inspired by their cooking, so decided to try on some recipes found in www.masterchef.com.au. This is an official website Of the much-anticipated Series of junior masterchef. You will be drooling and amazed looking at the food that the kids cook! How could they cook a dish on the spot without knowing it in advance? If I was asked to cook something right now, I don't think I could even think of the ingredients that I need.

So, I've decided to try on 3 of their dishes, which are the Beef and Mushroom Cottage Pie, prawn chilli stir fried fettucini, and strawberry smoothies as dessert. All recipes are from master chef website, but with my own wee alterations because I couldn't find some of the ingredients in the supermarket.

After few hours of preparation and cooking, the final outcome was satisfying! :)

didnt even manage to take a photo of it cuz everybody is too hungry.. :P

beef cottage pie! yumyum

strawberry smoothie

No comments: